Monday, March 17, 2008

Getting ready for TESOL

While EVOnline was happening, I couldn't focus on TESOL at all. Now, suddenly it's less than 2 weeks away! I realized I had to figure out how to get there. Nobody I know is driving up from DC. It's not far, but where do you park once you get there? Nobody wants to be burdened with a car in Manhattan. They just get broken into anyway! Years ago there were exactly 4 choices to get from DC to NY: fly "the shuttle," take the train (the "Metroliner", now called "Acela"), or take the bus: Greyhound or Trailways. Now, there are many more bus choices, although Trailways has vanished. There's the Vamoose Bus which leaves from downtown Bethesda (good), the Chinatown bus which is supposed to be very cheap, and today I found out about the Bolt Bus, a new company which supposedly offers fares for as low as $1. Well, not today for April 2 they don't, but I did find one $7 fare. I must make some decisions and book the tickets. I will go up Wednesday and come back Sunday. Already, the only Bolt Bus available for the return on Sunday is too late, so I will have to take a different bus to come back.

I printed out 2 different webheads logos from the wiki, in 2 different sizes, to stick in my badge. What a great idea! This will help us webheads to recognize each other more easily if we have not already met f2f.

I am trying to think how I can borrow a laptop to take up with me, so I will be able to post to the blog while I am there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer Vamoose Bus over any other company, Vamoose bus is known for their great customer service and reliability, they never yet messed up a trip. always on time, clean, comfortable, brand new beautifull buses, nice staff.
try them

Aurélio Jr. said...

hey ronaldo

i'm so sorry, i delete you coment, but it was a mistake. And a sorry about the sound box, i've changed i will be very happy if you see the new one, it's very good

thanks
XD